(Topic created on: 04-20-2019 01:38 PM)
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
So, these are the steps I've come up with for rooting my S7: 

*Enable OEM Unlock in Developer Options*

*When asked to format data, and select "YES"*

1.) Install: Samsung USB Drivers, TWRP img.tar, Odin 3.13.3 on computer. (I have links) 

2.) Install Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager to SD Card of phone (I have link) 

3.) Back up phone to Google Cloud, back up photos, calls, SMS. 

4.) Boot phone into download mode, and click volume up to to continue.

5.) Go into Odin settings and uncheck "auto reboot", insert TWRP img.tar in AP slot in Odin, then connect USB to phone. Should see first box in Odin turn blue after hitting start, will flash TWRP and box will turn green and say "PASS" when done. Unplug cable. 

6.) If phone tries to reboot into download mode, cancel with volume button (down) Hold power + home + volume down, and QUICKLY hit volume UP when phone vibrates. Should boot into TWRP recovery. 

7.) After phone restarts, download Titanium Backup app, store in SD card, grant root permission, and select what to back up (new user apps and newer versions?) 

8.) Download custom ROM (I have link) to SD Card. 

I'm lost as of that step, but I know I have to flash the custom ROM. How do I do that? (Using Pie ROM from Ivan on XDA) and, do I need to flash Gapps? If so, how? I'm sorry, I did watch TONS of videos but none of them actually had written instructions, or people talking, and I was getting confused going thru all the comments in my post! Lol

Thank you shaggy!!!! I will be much more educated after this whole experience 😂 I'm gonna start at around 3 tomorrow. 
0 Likes
11 Comments
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ok, awesome. Yeah, Lol it was like 1.7G to download but I know it'll be worth it!
0 Likes
Ken2
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
where do i go into my settings on samsung S7 phone
0 Likes