Original topic:

Should you choose Galaxy S over Galaxy Note?

(Topic created on: 08-16-2020 04:24 AM)
fallenangel637
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Doesn't it make more sense to get a Galaxy S instead of a Galaxy Note in terms of software support? If you get the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra today, you'd be getting the same amount of software updates the Galaxy S20 will get which released 6 months ago. If you wait for the S21, you'd be getting one extra year of software update. In the past, I had to choose between the Galaxy Note 8 or the Galaxy S9+ and I'm glad I chose the latter because it's running on Android 10 instead of Android 9 for the Galaxy Note 8. I use my phone for more than 3 years so I know this wouldn't matter to people who upgrades every year or two. I also know it wouldn't matter for people who really utilizes the S-Pen. However, for the rest of us who don't fall in those categories, what are your thoughts?
5 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi fallenangel637,

It depends upon the need of the customer some like the S series and few are fans of the Note series because of the S-pen and its functionalities.

If anyone is more concerned about updates as you said "this wouldn't matter to people who upgrade every year or two".

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Like to see the other member's opinions in this regard.

0 Likes
fallenangel637
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I actually prefer the design of the Galaxy Note over the Galaxy S. I don't really care much about the S-Pen. I really would like to upgrade to the Galaxy Note the next time but this software update dilemma is making me hesitate to do so. 🤔
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
My thought is buy the phone you like/want and enjoy. Buying a phone for software updates is a never ending dilemma!
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
From my experience, Notes get better updates. See the N9 vs S9 for example. I'd be running new features before they got on the S9 for weeks/months!!!

But if what you're after is the most Android OS upgrades, just pick whatever is the newest. I'd still take a Note anyday. But that's because I value the Note above the S, regardless of updates.
fallenangel637
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
That's fair. Everyone has their preferences. However, the Note 9 will still not get Android 11 just like the S9 even though it released 6 months later
0 Likes