Original topic:

Siapa2 lagi ada isu sama?

(Topic created on: 06-28-2022 12:43 PM)
Rumbi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung xnak tanggungjawab walhal ni isu global.. Dkt twitter besepah yg post isu sama. Nak confirmkan ade lg x yg ada isu sama.? 

Samsung Galaxy S20+

14 Comments
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You are not alone. A lot of user is having the same issue on S20 series. Including Malaysia model too.

Rumbi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Seems like Samsung not acknowledged this is a global issue and treat this as an isolated minor issue.. Screenshot_20220627-105309_Outlook_90016_1656351661.jpg
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I do agree with you and understand your frustration because i saw many user here are also facing the same issue from day to day since beginning of this year. 

FYI, referring to the email they sent to you is correct where they claim that S20 series got such issue since the day they released the device which is like few years back and they do manage to solve that issue by a software update.

But after the issue been solved that time, no one really complain about it anymore (as far as i know, i might be wrong). But then beginning of December 2021, the problem came back again.  Well as you know once the warranty is expired, Samsung will surely have the advantage.

If Samsung willing to do the repair at the first time for the user it actually might help a lot of people but they got the luck where their software update manage to solve it. Imagine, if they really go repair for every user, they might be lost a lot that time. So of course they won't do that. So if you ask me, i would say it is surely is hardware issue since day 1 the problem occur. But as you know.... So no choice.

For now, the only thing i can say is you better get a new device rather than go for a screen repair. That might cost you RM 800 (or more).

You can check the repair cost for Samsung screen display here:

https://www.samsung.com/my/support/mobile-devices/screen-replacement-for-smartphones-and-tablets/ 

Rumbi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

So Day 0 hardware issue, fixed thru software update and got ruined by software update.. Seems like they shud be responsible even if its out of warranty as its clearly manufacturing defect.. I won't be spending another 800+ on 2 years out of date flagship phone just to fix it.. Just another reason to say goodbye to Samsung..

vyan1105
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Did you visit service center and check the defect ?
0 Likes
Rumbi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Already contacted support but not much of a help other than pocketing out my own money to fix whats already a broken hardware issue right ojt from the factory. FYI, this is the second LCD as the original was replaced by SC for burn in replacement.
MOD_2
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Rumbi,

This is moderator from Samsung Members Community.

Firstly, we regret to learn the inconvenience that you have encountered to your Galaxy S20+.

To make up for your negative experiences, we will provide priority to you case and expedite the process with respective personnel.  As such, we sincerely seek your kind understanding. 

We would truly appreciate your kind understanding and support over this matter. We will try hard to provide the best possible service to our customer and their satisfaction as our reward. 

Please check your DM box, we would love to assist you further.

0 Likes
Rumbi
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Dm'd
0 Likes
Members_uscwxaO
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have the same issue with a verticle purple and a green line. Must we kick up a fuss before anything can be given. I feel pretty frustrated having had this phone (S20+) for only 2 yrs and this happened. Same kind of priority and concession needs to be given to all that is impacted!