Original topic:

Smart Switch not backing up calendar

(Topic created on: 11-30-2021 06:30 AM)
Lochmaran99
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

We (husband and I) back up our phones to PC monthly via Smart Switch.  We recently noticed my Galaxy S9 edge does not back up calendar data yet it does on his identical model.  We've looked at settings and can't see any reason why his does and mine doesn't.

Any Suggestions?

0 Likes
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi Lochmaran99, how do you know the Calendar data not backed up? You factory reset your phone and did a data restore?
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Not sure what's going on here but under your settings and accounts it should be backing up to your email🤷
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Could you please share the screenshot of where did you come to know that calendar data was not backed up?

0 Likes
Lochmarran99
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Below is the result of when a back up was completed and the 2nd picture is what I get if I click on the arrow beside apps with red X.

We both just upgraded to S20 FE's and are experiencing the same issue.

Lochmarran99_0-1638282481425.png

Lochmarran99_1-1638282496547.png

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Lochmarran99, If possible, please try to backup using the smart switch on a different PC/laptop and check if it works fine?

0 Likes
suprodan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I have the same problem and I realized it is due to the fact tha the calendar is too big. All other items do back up perfectly on the PC.
I have simila issue when sync with Outlook. It takes nearly 4-5 hours due the calendar is too big.
Do you know how to solve this issue??

0 Likes