Original topic:

Software Glitching**S22 Ultra**Latest Update**

(Topic created on: 05-05-2022 08:03 PM)
Deepriki
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Is it just me or have anyone else been experiencing some wierd software glitch in there Galaxy devices after updating with the laste software update released few days back.
Sometimes it seems like the Home button have become sentiment and acts on its own.
8 Comments
NewfieTJ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am so annoyed! My phone did an unauthorized update tonight. Now all my text messages do not show the name of the person, only their number. It's going to take me hours or possibly days to match the messages with my contacts! Thanks Samsung!!!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Switch to Google's Messaging app & the issue will be resolved. 

Doesn't look like Samsung has plans to fix Samsung's Messaging any time soon. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

And as for "unauthorised update", you know that you can turn Off auto updates, both in the Galaxy Store & the Play Store.

You don't have to do anything if you switch to Google's Messaging app, all your contacts information will be there, automatically. 

0 Likes
Tammyd
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Mine too!! I hate this. Come on Samsung figure it out.
0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Ever since the April update on my S22U, it has been soft-restarting with no set pattern except that Bluetooth seems to always be involved.
0 Likes
Brantley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We suggest you to try factory reset and check if it fixes the issue. Important : Please make a backup and save all information you need before factory reset, otherwise your personal information may not be recovered. Here are the steps to backup your data: Backup from Samsung account--Apps >> Settings >> Cloud >> Backup >> Select the data >> Back up now. Backup from Google account--Apps >> Settings >> Backup and reset. Here are the steps for factory reset, settings >> General management >>Reset >> Factory data reset >> Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Reset >> Delete All.

0 Likes
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I can't believe that the FIRST suggestion you make is to factory reset your phone. Seriously! 🤦🏻
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, there's a few other things that you can try. 

Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache. 

Boot into Safe Mode & see if the issue persists, if not then it's likely to be a 3rd party app that is responsible. 

You mentioned Bluetooth seems to be involved, you could reset your network settings & see if that fixes the issue? 

Samsung's Moderators are certainly not technical experts by any means, think of them as tier one support at a call centre. 

Many of the Members here are actually far more knowledgeable than the Moderators, who usually cut 'n paste their answers. 

But, who knows, maybe a Factory Reset is ultimately what you might have to do?