Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Software update

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 07:16 AM)
Maxfk24
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Since the new software update the other day some audio files aren't supported anymore...the alarm preset sounds to be exact, so now I missed some alarms, plus I can't record videos anymore. I have the s22+ anyone else having this issue?
7 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Almost certainly some one will recommend that you Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache, so you may as well just do it. 

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the spower button.

3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.

4) Press the Volume down key to navigate and select "Wipe cache partition".

5) Press Power key to select. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Select Reboot System.

6) Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you're using any Custom Ringtones / Notification tones, sometimes they will show up as a numerically named sound, instead of a name of the sound. 
If that's the case, just reselect the sound you want. 

As for recording videos, open the Camera & Settings (the gear icon) & reset the camera settings. 
You could also go to Settings > Apps & Search for the Camera & Storage > Clear Cache & Data for the camera. Reboot. 
Maxfk24
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks buddy, it all worked
jgohil
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Same issue I am facing too.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try the same suggestions.

Hopefully it will work for you 🤞 

Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please keep us posted after following the suggestions from RedDogRabbit to perform wipe cache partition and verify if it resolves the issue.
Thank you RedDogRabbit.

Maxfk24
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Everything he suggested worked, audio files are back to normal and and I can record videos again
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are glad to see that your issue is resolved.

Please write back to us if you require any further assistance.

Thank you.

0 Likes