Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Specific app notification sounds

(Topic created on: 05-13-2021 08:40 AM)
JV11
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello everyone,  I got my S21 ultra few days ago, transferred information from old S10 to new S21 ultra. Everything is the same except I am having difficulty finding a way to assign specific notification sounds to specific apps as those did not transfer for some apps, like Facebook for example, or delivery notification in Messages app, or emails and system notificationsall sound the same. By default, majority of notifications now sound the same. There used to be a way to go into settings and assign a sound to each app, or an email account, as you please, but on my S21 ultra I am having really hard time finding those settings where I can make changes. 

I spoke with Samsung customer rep via life chat. She gave me a path: Apps and Notifications, Notifications, Advanced. The Advanced tab does not appear on my S21 ultra. In my old S10 when you go to a specific app settings, it had a field describing assigned notification sound. But in my S21 ultra that field is missing. The Samsung customer rep was not able to find any solution after multiple tries.

Does anyone else have the same issue? What was the solution. S21 ultra is an expensive device, it has great features, and I woul hate to retern it because of the software malfunction 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
Click on invitation and messages, you can set it up after click on it. Sound option is in there.

Screenshot_20210513-123852_Settings_44167.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-123913_Settings_44169.jpg

View solution in context

8 Comments
Galaxy S
Try open Settings → Notifications

Click More under Recent sent
Click on each app, like whatsapp, new Message, select your tone. Same as Email, click on new email, then sound.

Screenshot_20210513-121218_Settings.jpg

JV11
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I followed your steps, i clicked on LinkedIn app. There is no place for sound unfortunately.

Screenshot_20210513-122140_Settings_10079.jpg

Solution
Galaxy S
Click on invitation and messages, you can set it up after click on it. Sound option is in there.

Screenshot_20210513-123852_Settings_44167.jpg

Screenshot_20210513-123913_Settings_44169.jpg

JV11
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yes!!! I have to click on each notification category to access the sound option. It is tedious but I found it now. Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it
Galaxy S
Yes, is annoying, but it works thou. Glad I can help.
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, If you found a solution to your query please take the time to accept the comment that you find helpful as a solution by clicking on 3 dots and tap on "Accept as Solution" and help others with the same query. Thank you for the response, Tallman.

0 Likes
mimijes04
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Comment caster sur un ordinateur et quil na pas de Bluetooth avec cell Android ?
0 Likes
SherylR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

On my Galaxy AO3s I have the same problem. I have been through the settings, looking for a way to set a specific sound for each app. It is very aggravating!

0 Likes