Original topic:

Still no Android 12 for Canadians

(Topic created on: 12-29-2021 08:39 AM)
thejigneshpatel
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Many countries and regions all over the world are set to receive One UI 4.1 and Canadians are still waiting for December patch..lmao!

Seriously, It was my stupidest decision to buy a Samsung flagship.
7 Comments
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I know exactly how you feel and what you mean. Canada isn't even included in the beta testing. Canadians are left behind. I'm considering switching from Samsung but I'm waiting them out at least until after the S22 line comes out.
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Many countries and regions are set to receive one ui 4.1...? Even though samsung halted the one ui 4.0 rollout for *all* devices last week and only resumed it's rollout 2 days ago?

One UI .1 updates always are released after their respective flagship is launched. Last year the S21 launched with 3.1, and other devices received the 3.1 update afterwards. If previous patterns are any indication of what will happen this year, the S22 will launch with One UI 4.1 and other devices will receive the update around March.
Galaxy S
Exactly, but Canadians wont even receive One UI 4.0 in March
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
If you truly believe you won't receive One UI 4.0 until March, I have good news for you. The update will likely be relaunched for the S21 within the next week, should hit the Z Flip/Fold 3 in the next week, should hit the S20 series sometime in January, and then the S10 series either in the second half of January or early February.

I totally get that the waiting is frustrating, especially since the One UI 3.0 rollout was al ot smoother and faster. But it's an unfortunate reality that bugs can pop up at any point during software development, and unfortunately that's what happened this year.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Seriously, this is probably the fastest that Samsung has ever had the next Android version updates. 

Imagine if you had anything other than a Google device or a Samsung? 

Sony, Motorola, you'll be waiting & Oneplus just released Android 12 2 days ago, well after Samsung.

People complaining about Android version updates not being fast enough, & then complaining that they don't like the new version..

I couldn't be bothered to check how quickly other manufacturers release their Security Patch updates, but crying about that is equally ridiculous. 

Of course Google's devices get updates faster, but I wouldn't want their hardware, & if there's ever a critical security issue, Google will push the update directly. 

It's honestly pretty ridiculous. 

freewill_neo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
This is a routine affair for samsung canada.

You know esim is supported elsewhere but not in canada

What's with samsung they don't like canada??
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Apparently eSIM will be supported in Canada with One UI V4.0.

Why it hasn't been supported previously, possibly because of some arrangement between the Carriers & Apple?

It's no skin off Samsung's nose to support it, the US & Canadian hardware is identical, so that's why I'm thinking that it's a Canadian Carrier thing.