Original topic:

Still no update to one ui 4 on s21 series...

(Topic created on: 11-23-2021 07:23 AM)
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Welp guess what was posted on the Samsung site is true and now all the providers (example:telus) are now "liars" for saying it was on November 23rd... gotta love samsung and their "love" for Canadians and it's consumers ...

DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
If Samsung fixes all the bugs reported in the U.S., delaying two weeks is worthwhile.
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Big IF. I've seen it where we get the same old build but just with a useless delay
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I don't really care about bugs, as long as I can get a better background video viewer and better looking widgets, I'm ok
0 Likes
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Even that 120hz bug, I don't mind going to 60hz while I wait for a fix
DaGreat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm so tired of samsung doing this everytime
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I just routed the software update module to at AT&T server in the US and the update came OTA.

No root, Knox still in effect as the device still play certified. Use ADB (Android Device Bridge, a completely legitimate software tool from Google for Android) which is built into the developer software section of devices S6 and up.

I just connected via ADB and and pushed com.wssyncmldm_3.8.16 to the device and then software update, Download and Install.
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
A message to Samsung Canada, treat customers the same globally, or else other wise technically inclined customers of yours will continue to assist your base of customers on how to treat themselves.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Don't think that would work. You can't get the U/U1 build as an OTA on your W model
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Not sure what you mean by that. The devices are identical except for the W, U, and U1 at the end.

You know how easy it is to change the CSC and model code without root right? Or mask it?
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
There's a picture below:20211123082946_125864_1637681411.jpg
0 Likes