Original topic:

Still no update to one ui 4 on s21 series...

(Topic created on: 11-23-2021 09:11 AM)
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Welp guess what was posted on the Samsung site is true and now all the providers (example:telus) are now "liars" for saying it was on November 23rd... gotta love samsung and their "love" for Canadians and it's consumers ...

OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
What world are you living in? This isn't a fold. The SD 888 BL can be accessed.
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
The backup and debloat process takes about 8 minutes if you're focused
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
There are members of this thread who have successfully updated to Android 12 UI4 in the last 1 hour without getting into names.
0 Likes
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
The internet archive has a screen grab from the same website above from Nov 20 with the only change being the date changed from Nov 23 to Dec 6 they say will be updated later this week.
0 Likes
Decoy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
This is exactly why I bought a Pixel 6 Pro as my personal phone. My work had always forced employees to use Samsung phones but after years of complaining from users, they have just changed to Pixels and iPhones only. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the S21 Ultra for another 2 years.

Samsung simply does not care about Canadian consumers. Their products are priced higher in Canada than anywhere else and we get the absolute least amount of attention they could possibly provide. I'm hoping this phone dies and early death so I can finally dump this company for good.
0 Likes
DaGreat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
The s21 ultra is much better then a Pixel. One UI 4 i think is much better then stock android as well. The update situation is samsungs biggest flaw
Decoy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I agree with their update schedule being their biggest problem and would also add their limited Beta trials.

As for being a better phone? I've only had the Pixel for a week and it's my second one (4th if you include Nexus phones) and I would disagree on the user experience and look of the UI.

To me, the Pixel feels considerably more natural than One UI. Don't get me wrong, One UI is good. Really good, but the forced Samsung apps, the forced Samsung account, the annoying fact I can't opt to use vertical scrolling in the app drawer, and many other minor annoyances ruin One UI for me.
0 Likes
Cheeryshio
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I as a s21 ultra user, can confidently say, s21 ultra has defenetly not disappointed me, well.. the phone itself didn't, just the company behind has.. at first it started with not being able to get beta for... reasons... and now we get a "stable" update THAT MIGHT I REMIND YOU IS ALREADY OUT TO THE PUBLIC EVERYWHERE ELSE, delayed because of ..."undisclosed reasons", and what next? They'll ban all samsung products from Canada, lock any existing phone in there, and then stop updating any phone they might have missed?
Decoy
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Agreed. The phone build, hardware used and overall experience is good. That's what they're aiming for as well. They don't care about the less than 1% of us that want early access to betas or new software updates. That is not their target market which is why personally, I don't buy their phones. As much as the Ultra is a good phone, if it wasn't given to me by my employer, I would never use a Samsung phone.

They have come a long way from the TouchWiz days but their bloatware and total lack of care for the Canadian market has soured me towards any phone they make.