Original topic:

Storage -1 B available Storage bug

(Topic created on: 12-02-2022 08:00 AM)
vishnuvijayan77
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
From last couple of days I am experiencing an issue where my phone storage says "-1B available" and total storage shows 8GB/8GB on device care and on file manager it says internal storage 0B / 0B.
My phone is a 256GB S22 Ultra. Because of this I wont be able to use the camera, not able to take screenshots, my custom ringtone doesn't work. The issue gets resolved after I restart the phone. But this is happening for two day straight. It will be fine at night before sleep and in the morning i realise this issue only when i see my ringtone is changed or when i try to open the camera. 
0 Likes
8 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Here's a post from @RedDogRabbit that could help resolve your issue.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/maybe-samsung-s-moderators-could-pin-a-post-on-common-fix...
Galaxy S
I have done wipe partition cache multiple times before since after the update my phone keeps freezing or becomes unresponsive at times.
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Then i would suggest a complete backup with smart switch and factory reset
Galaxy S
Factory reset may or may not fix the issue. Even if it surely does, it shouldn't be something which every user should be doing. The reason i posted is because Samsung can be notified of this issue, dig into it and see if there is any bug in their software and push fixes via updates or atleast learn this time so that such issues don't happen in the future major updates
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
If it was a bug in the update,chances are I'd have it too. I have the same phone as you and everything is perfect on my phone. Anyway, if i had your issues and clearing cache didn't work, i would definitely reset.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
We may not have same settings and configurations enabled/disabled in the settings. Maybe one of them is causing the issue? Or could also be permutation and combination of different settings that's causing the issue. In that case, makes sense that few have the issue and most dont.
0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we suggest you to perform Wipe cache on your device.

This will not erase personal data on the phone.

It deletes temporary cache files in the phone.

1) Turn off the device.

2) Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Power Key.

3) When the Android logo displays, release all keys.(("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

4) Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”

5) Press the Power key to select.

6) Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.

7) When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have done wipe partition cache multiple times before since after the update my phone keeps freezing or becomes unresponsive at times. So now i have two issues after the update.
0 Likes