Suggestion: UI

(Topic created on: 07-11-2020 04:49 PM)
makeanimationssmooth
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all, 

I just want to help make Samsung phones better, here is my suggestion:

STOP creating .1/.5 UI updates. As Samsung is right now, they have One UI 2.0 for every device running Android 10, One UI 2.1 for S20/10/Note10/Note9/S9, and likely, One UI 2.5 for Note 20 coming out this summer. The big problem here is that Samsung is cutting off their own revenue and the happiness of its customers. Apple (a very successful technology company), gives ALL devices the SAME updates (at relatively the same time). However, Samsung on the other side, dedicates a .1/.5 update to its latest flagships. And as we can even see, all the updates within these .1/.5 upgrades are ALL within apps. Since One UI 1.1/1.5 aren't software upgrades, they are just app (SysUI, Camera, etc.) updates that can be given to ALL devices, via the Galaxy or even Play Store. If Samsung did this, they would really balance out their appreciation of devices as every device (supported) would get the updates through updating the apps that are related. If Samsung continues to release .1/.5 UI updates, then they are wasting money because they aren't giving the precious APP updates to phones that are more than capable (INCLUDING S8/NOTE8). Overall, it would be just very simple and easy for Samsung to do this an maintain the value of the old devices as even they are fully capable. Samsung can really make their customers happy if they are more straight and thoughtfully of what the devices they made can do. And all these so called ".1/.5" upgrades are just APP updates, and with the wide variety of devices that support the upgrades, it shouldn't be a hassle for Samsung to stop creating these .1/.5 type of updates and to be more consistent in providing updates to via the Galaxy Store/Play Store. 

For this suggestion, I had to dedicate my time just to tell Samsung what they cannot see. I hope that this message gets forwarded by moderators so we can see this in the near future, because most (at least) flagship owners, deserve at least some convenience with their $1000+ device. 

Thanks 

8 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Again, you really don't understand anything about updates or even technology or software development or frameworks or APIs or economics. This rubbish post full of uneducated nonsense is just another proof of that. You really think they do it the complicated way for fun?

Also you lost a bet that explicitly said you'd be gone forever from this platform, so go away
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
hahahahaha
Solution
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi makeanimationssmooth, Thanks and we will take it as your suggestion.

Galaxy S
thanks @keagan, looking forward to some change
Galaxy S
hepl
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung_MeiBxQs,

Please create a new post about the issue and also provide sufficient information about the issue with some screenshots or pictures if necessary.

JeanQCsimon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

yes i see

0 Likes