Highlighted
Active Level 3
When I was having problems with my phone, I tried every avenue to get some help. I did not want to take my brand new phone into Rogers, and have it come back all scratched up.

So I came to the Samsung Members page and decided to see if I could actually get help. First I tried the option of running the diagnostics. Nothing was found.

Then I decided to try the "Smart Tutor". What I discovered was that in order to use this feature, you needed another phone so they could call you back while they remoted into the problem phone. The trouble is that some people only have one phone and don't usually have a house phone. I call it redundant, you can call it whatever.

Secondly, I could have done all this with a computer while they remoted into the phone. But, because I was in the middle of moving, everything was packed up. So that was a wasted adventure!

What kind of tech support is that? A person should be able to talk to another knowledgeable individual and get some form of help. So, because no one knew what I could do or even suggest something, I had to take my phone into the store and send it away for repair.

I did find out that this was a common problem with the S7 Edge in the blue colour. I still have no idea as to what the fault was.

How can we make sure that we, as a consumer, receive adequate support for our merchandise? Does having the support center in the Caribbean benefit anyone other than the cost savings to Samsung? There needs to be a better support system than the one in place.
5 Comments
Highlighted
Active Level 7
second that
Highlighted
Expert Level 3
The couple of times I have had to deal with the support centre I must admit it leaves a lot of bad taste in your mouth.
Highlighted
Active Level 9
http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus/

What do you mean? There is Email, phone, and live chat support on the above website.
Highlighted
it's the same garbage.... phone, email, live, etc..

they are clueless, evasive and lack basic troubleshooting skills.
Highlighted
Active Level 4
What's was wrong with your s7 edge tho, did they ever end up telling u what problem/ cause was?