Original topic:

Telus 5G in Manitoba issues

(Topic created on: 06-01-2021 04:22 PM)
Linc
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
So, I've seen lots of complaint about this in the internet, our Samsung 5G phones are not connecting to Telus 5G network in Manitoba, both Winnipeg and Brandon.
Contacted Telus customer support, did some troubleshooting with them and then finding out that it is a Samsung issue.
Any thoughts? 
19 Comments
Galaxy S
I think we don't have 5g yet in manitoba...
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes we do, atleast with Telus.. you can check it in their 5G map in the Telus website
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hmmm.. that's new.. I'll check..
0 Likes
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
HereScreenshot_20210601-180828_Chrome.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I see. What model of phone are you using??
0 Likes
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
It's been a few months now since they have 5G in Winnipeg.. probably dont notice it yet since it never show 5G on the network
Galaxy S
Did you try speed test? Im using rogers network. Try to go to battery settings and turn off adaptive battery and turn on enhanced battery.. then check mobile date if 5g will appear.. update us here please. Thanks
0 Likes
Linc
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Here's the ss of the test with the settings you mentioned.. i am using the Note 20 Ultra and my parents using S20 FE both have same issue, and saw someone in the internet using S21Screenshot_20210601-184657_Chrome.jpg
Galaxy S
Thanks for the info linc... hmm the thing with 5g is, it's prone to deadspots and works efficiently on nearby 5g antennas.. but let's wait for somebody to share their experiences on 5g network on samsung phones..