Original topic:

Text Messages

(Topic created on: 11-03-2021 04:04 PM)
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know why some text message when sent are in a green bubble and others are sometimes in a blue bubble? 

Also why does the green bubble text message tell you when the text message is delivered and read, and the blue bubble text doesn't?
16 Comments
Galaxy S
Not sure if you are talking about Google/Android messages or Samsung one-on-one. But to tell you they both also offer similar service as iMessages from Apple. The ones in blue means the text was sent using internet over wifi/mobile network instead of regular text message from your carrier. Green means regular text message.
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I'm using the regular text messaging app and when it relates specific contacts that I message, the blue bubble text message always seem to be blue for the sames contacts and the same for the green. However there are rare moments when a particular contact would change from green to blue and back to green. What does that mean?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you are then you have Samsung one-on-one activated. You can be sure by selecting three dots (for more options from your text message app), select settings and from that select chat settings. If you have chat features ON which means you have Samsung one-on-one active which again works same as Android/Google message and Apple's iMessages.
0 Likes
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Oh i see. Yes i do have it on.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Further, it also depends on counterparty. If they have opted out for the service or if they are not connected to the internet or WiFi then it will be a text message. Green and Blue colors are to tell you how the message went or received by the counterparty.
0 Likes
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I see....
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Blue bubble is RCS message. Which is iMessage like message system for Android. It will show deliver status of the message.

Green bubble is SMS message. Which is a regular message system.

Why some times using SMS and some times using RCS? Depends on your situations. Also if your friend A using SMS only and you use RCS, the system still pick SMS protocol. Unless you and your friend both using RCS, then the message app will pick RCS protocol.
0 Likes
Redonis_
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Ok, I understand that but it's the other way round when it comes to delivery and read notification. The green is what tell that the message has been read and when it's delivered. The blue doesn't.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I only has Blue RCS message do that. Green message won't. Do you have theme for your message app?
0 Likes