cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

the application camera is bad like tiktok, snapchat...

(Topic created on: 05-20-2021 03:17 AM)
Serpsj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I love samsung mobile phones. But the problem is the quality of the camera when I open like snapchat or tiktok even instagram it's bad. 😖😖🥺 Hopefully there's an update for it for a better solution. Thank you.
9 Comments
Solution
kylecdrck
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
It's a known issue with the app themselves, not Samsung's fault. The developers of these apps takes a snapshot of the viewfinder instead of directly saving the image from the camera module. This is because they want to have a general solution to the wide android ecosystem of devices.

Those apps work fine on iOS because it's easier to implement the component on an OS that is not modified by different manufacturers/brands.

Afaik, S21 has a partnership or agreement with the above apps so that it uses the camera module when using the in-app camera instead of taking a snapshot
RalhfBryan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Ah thats why.
0 Likes
kylecdrck
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes. Nothing can be done except take a photo on your main cam and upload it as your story in IG or anywhere if it is allowed
0 Likes
Serpsj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yeah i know the reason behind it but samsung must have done something too and I'm glad to hear that samsung is doing some effort with that issue but sadly we need to upgrade to the latest models.
0 Likes
kylecdrck
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
There really is nothing that can be done since the problem is on the code of the specific apps themselves. I dont think developers would update their code to accomodate older models
0 Likes
Serpsj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes that's why I said sadly.
0 Likes
Tamargew
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have an s21 ultra, and the problem is till there. On Tiktok things are ever worse, and the quality is horrible even when I upload from my camera roll. My followers notice and they point it out...

0 Likes
RalhfBryan
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Salamat master
0 Likes
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! How's your Samsung experience lately? Feel free to share fantastic photos (even your Tiktok) via our Galaxy Gallery, to earn badges and enjoy perks from us! Thank you. Stay safe! :)

0 Likes