Original topic:

The navigation bar

(Topic created on: 04-27-2019 10:16 PM)
BrandonPersaud
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys, how's it going? 

Alright, I'll just get to it. The current Navbar setup since the One UI update is **bleep**. That's the only word I can use to describe it. I tried over and over looking up online to see if there's ways to hide it or minimize it (like how there was that tiny button before the update). I've tried using the gestures but yea, that's not working out. If you're like me, a right handed, and use your pinky finger to support the phone, you start to realize how much that finger gets in your way when trying to use the genstures. 
Now, don't get me wrong, the update is pretty awesome and I still love the phone (S9+), but the Navbar is something to work on. I think if it was transparent and blended in with the color of whatever background/ app you're using at the time and now just be a solid "Chin" most of the times, it'd be a lot better. 

Alright, rant over. 
Hope you guys are good ✌️
0 Likes
5 Comments
Galaxy S
Try Fluid Navigation Gestures from the Play Store - It's Awesome & More Features & Functionality - You'll never want to see the Nav Bar Buttons Again! (does require adb commands) adb does NOT affect your Warranty! adb is NOT Root! 🐧
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
LOL. Hope you're getting paid for advertising. j/k

Seriously Samsung kind of botched up the nav bar in this update. Users should've been given the option rather than relying in yet another app to 'fix' it. Especially those that want minimal apps on their phones.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
@Vic20 Nah I wouldn't accept payment for something that I paid for myself - I only suggest apps that I use & like (some apps that I bought in my first year with Android not included lol 😂) Yeah Samsung could have done more - But overall it's a far better system than TW from a few years ago! 🐧
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I for one would like to have the auto hide navbar like before the update. Gestures it is for now.
0 Likes
burnsomatic
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

The new update is trash. Everyone's suggestion seems to be to download a bunch of apps to customize your phone, in order to have it work the same as it did before the update or to have icons that don't **bleep**, doesn't seem like a great solution, why should we need a bunch of apps to have the functionality we already had?

0 Likes