Original topic:

The S20 is $1300??

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 02:51 AM)
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I can't understand how the base model s20 is so much but Google's brand new Pixel 5 is $799.. Don't get me wrong, I love Samsung's products but their prices do nothing but draw me away from that ecosystem I've been trying to stay within.

Hopefully the next Samsung flagship will be more budget friendly because I'm not upgrading until then. 
18 Comments
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Hi AuxShr, I invite you to read this:

«

Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Samsung Electronics reinforced its commitment to offering the best mobile experiences possible for Galaxy users by supporting three generations of Android operating system (OS) upgrades on millions of Galaxy devices.

Eligible Galaxy devices include:
Galaxy S series: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, S20 in addition to S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e, S10 Lite, and upcoming S series devices
Galaxy Note series: Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 5G, Note20, Note10+ 5G, Note10+, Note10 5G, Note10, Note10 Lite and upcoming Note series devices.
Galaxy Foldable devices: Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Z Fold2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G, Fold, and upcoming Z series devices.
Galaxy A series: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, A90 5G and select upcoming A series devices
Tablets: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6, Tab S6 Lite, and upcoming Tab S series devices.

Samsung is continuously working with partners around the world to make more Galaxy devices have up-to-date mobile experiences. For other Galaxy devices, Samsung is committed to providing the latest Android OS upgrades until the hardware specifications allow us to provide the optimized mobile experience for our users. Furthermore, Samsung provides Samsung Knox, a defense-grade end-to-end security platform, Android regular security updates, and proprietary app features updates to most of the Galaxy devices as quickly as possible.»
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung phones are still way overpriced.
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
A flagship phone should be $999 at most not almost $2000!
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Exactly.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Montreal1.

Hi AuxShr, Samsung offers an expansive portfolio of products to cover different price points from the Galaxy A series and on up, each aimed to cover different consumers. However, we take this as your feedback.

AuxShr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I must say, excellent team of moderators as usual though. Just my honest feedback I'll be Samsung forever.
0 Likes
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Samsung made over 10 billion in profits 3rd quarter. I know this isn't just from phones but **bleep** give us little guys a break..

honestly I won't pay no more than 1200 for a phone for the pro/ultra/max or whatever fancy selling word they use. the jumps in advancements are minimal in some cases phones are going backwards. I call it blinded by the light ( something new and shiny)
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I hear ya on that.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya it seems crazy to me when the lowest "base model" regular S series device start at $1300 CAD. rewind back to 2019 the most expensive S10 was $999 CAD. that seems like the good ol'days.