Original topic:

The S20 is $1300??

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 11:16 AM)
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I can't understand how the base model s20 is so much but Google's brand new Pixel 5 is $799.. Don't get me wrong, I love Samsung's products but their prices do nothing but draw me away from that ecosystem I've been trying to stay within.

Hopefully the next Samsung flagship will be more budget friendly because I'm not upgrading until then. 
18 Comments
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It blew my mind when I saw the price. The terrible international version is not an option either
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya the exynos 990 is just
"hot garbage" 🔥🔥🧯. also it insane that they ended up using it in the note 20 series also. but put a $1800 CAD price tag on it. yes we have the snapdragon version here in North America, but its a similar price every where else in exynos Regions. but they made the base storage 256GB to try and make up the difference i think.
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Pixel 5 has a budget CPU, S20 has a flagship CPU.

Also, the hardware overall is higher speced on the S20.
Galaxy S
Something to think about. When it comes time for an upgrade to a newer device, I usually wait for the price to come down. Sometimes the carriers may have special deals where you can get a new device at a lower price with a rate plan. Paying $1300 out right is just not my cup of tea.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
iPhone prices are starting to look reasonable.
0 Likes
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I know.. don't wanna end up going that way but they sure do have good prices
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
maybe so but that's the nice thing of android there tons of companies that make them.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
the only thing that looks attractive to me about iPhone now a days. I was an isheep for years but having the steady updates at the same time as everyone else. also the longevity of software being minimum of 5 years.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Samsung Members, That's an interesting discussion. Thanks for taking the time to share your opinions.

0 Likes