Original topic:

the update sucks : split screen is restricted now

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 03:13 PM)
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Here's a few things I would like improved with the next update since this update sucks  ‼️
Hoping samsung will match Huawei's scrolling screenshot feature which keeps the image quality high and the scrolling shot unlimited in size for sharing. 
With the recent software update the split screen feature has lost huge functionality! I can no longer use the home or recent botton to either close apps I no longer want to use while (top screen stats active) selecting which app I want to use for the bottom screen while having full access to my phones functions and apps. Now the home and recent button 🔳 closes both split screens completely ‼️ if I'm watching utube or anything in the split function it terminates. The upgrade is very restrictve. 
Lastly I like to have mobile Hotspot as a main selection for easy access in the drop down menu. Or at least the option to select what I use most instead of having features I use often, buried deep in layers in settings. It's a smart phone isn't it? 
Give us more features and let us give you feedback from the phone settings ‼️
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You can add the Mobile HotSpot with adb, but you'll need to add it again after every security patch update. 

You can also take a regular screen shot, or a scrolling screen shot with "Palm Swipe". You can find this in Settings > Advanced features. 

27 February 2021 132050 GMT-0500.jpg

27 February 2021 131519 GMT-0500.jpg

Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
After using budget Huawei honour 8x, the pics and scrolling screen shots were great, unlimited file size and easy to use. I was surprised that the galaxy s10+was a disappointment even though it was much newer and the flagship phone 📱
0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S

Just like to add...
If you go into settings and search
"assistant menu" and turn it ON

You can have this handy dandy little floater button that makes a few things easier to do 🙃👈✌️
(as seen in screenshots)

20210228_055639_12433.jpg

20210228_055713_12434.jpg

Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thsnks, I just had a look and I'm not sure what functionality I get from the assistant menu shortcut since you can't customize what you can access in it?
0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
That's true. I can no longer split screen on two tabs in Chrome :(
0 Likes
asifakberali
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
How do you like me now? 🤣

Screenshot_20210228-185100_4249.jpg

0 Likes
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Please give us easy access to this community board instead of having it buried in the phone app, I think this is where I found it this time by accident ?
0 Likes