Original topic:

the update sucks : split screen is restricted now

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 03:31 PM)
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Here's a few things I would like improved with the next update since this update sucks  ‼️
Hoping samsung will match Huawei's scrolling screenshot feature which keeps the image quality high and the scrolling shot unlimited in size for sharing. 
With the recent software update the split screen feature has lost huge functionality! I can no longer use the home or recent botton to either close apps I no longer want to use while (top screen stats active) selecting which app I want to use for the bottom screen while having full access to my phones functions and apps. Now the home and recent button 🔳 closes both split screens completely ‼️ if I'm watching utube or anything in the split function it terminates. The upgrade is very restrictve. 
Lastly I like to have mobile Hotspot as a main selection for easy access in the drop down menu. Or at least the option to select what I use most instead of having features I use often, buried deep in layers in settings. It's a smart phone isn't it? 
Give us more features and let us give you feedback from the phone settings ‼️
16 Comments
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Oh it would be great to have backing up our phones as simple as it is with Apple 🍏. Any tips on best way to back up the galaxy s10+on 💻 pc?
0 Likes
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
use smart switch to back up all your stuff on your PC very easy to do
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Even easier to backup your phone with smart switch to the external sd card 👍

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks KOTS21 and RedDogRabbit.

Hi, I suggest you please use Smart Switch as suggested by our Samsung members.

keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Beachlife888, You could scroll capture a screenshot by pressing the power and volume down keys and tap on scroll capture until you have the desired range. 

With the new split-screen view, you could either choose a secondary app from your Edge Panel or tap on the candy box menu icon to search for a specific app.

However, we are taking this as your feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is truly appreciated and will help Samsung create a better experience for all Galaxy device users.

Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Please bring back the functionality that existed with splitscreen before the update. Before the update I could select the bottom app and home screen or select recent apps to close apps in the background or choose to browse my phone while watching the news etc until I selected a new bottom app for split screen. It is cool that I can play ▶ background music 🎶 now while I'm on a call. Thanks for that.
The file size for scrolling screenshot should be high quality and unlimited along with my contacts entries.... Right now you limit the size of my notes section. I would like to enter a variety of data types into my contacts to create a custom contacts profile as needed. Otherwise with the 3 or 4 duplicate entries for each contact or gets sloppy and inefficient. While I'm on Facebook which I hate due to adds and privacy concerns selecting my albums to share images is restricted to recent camera 📸, very annoying if I'm searching for varied items.
Having a scanner feature like SC Scanner for sending pdfs etc for business world be helpful. I hate bixby, it's intrusive and I don't want to share my data with you guys.
I still want immediate access in my drop down menu to open Hotspots 🔥when I want while saving power etc. We should be able to easily customize a flagship phone without limiting our file sizes, privacy, access to sharing our hotspot etc... Blocking spam and other scam callers, emails, tracking etc is high on my list 📃. The swype function could be better. I found this Msg board on the phone by accident, not even sure where it was.... Oh I'm camera of all places? Thankyou
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, we will take this as your valuable suggestion and forward it to the appropriate team.

0 Likes
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Are you planning on fixing the split screen functionality that was lost with the last update? Give us a shortcut for WiFi hotspot? Scrolling screenshot size and quality? Increased usability for file size for notes on contracts and types of data that can be stored there like pdfs, pics, articles etc? The options for weather widget is limited after the update last year for size of the widget that will fit too. Thankyou
0 Likes
Beachlife888
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
With the Huawei honour 8x when I scrolling screenshot of a large article was made. I could easily share with full quality and Legible text to my notes, friends etc for future reference. With the galaxy scrolling screenshot, the file size is poor and sending to others with s10+ they could not read my screenshot. Very disappointed that a entry level phone was more friendly and Enjoyable to use than a phone 4x as pricey $‼️ btw bc the upgrade messed with the splitscreen user friendliness... Now when I'm forced to stay in and use only the split screen menu, I have lots of apps open in the background that I world normally close, and when I have to navigate the other apps available I lose access to the custom setup of my home Screen, google search Widget and it's search history. Instead I'm forced to blindly go through a foreign menu of pages of apps out of order from that setup on my premium phone ‼️
0 Likes