snackwell
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Away it goes...1708676361954.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, it's not a Canadian "W" series. It's a US "U1" series. 

0 Likes
snackwell
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
No, it is a W series based on the IMEI and the fact it was purchased from Samsung Canada. The software is Odin changed.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah I know how to use Patched Odin to turn a Canadian device into a "US" device & vice versa, but that's not really the point. 

It's great that Tmo released the update, but it's not really useful information, to the vast majority of people here on Samsung Members Canada.

This time around, Samsung Canada released the February OS Update, the same day as Europe, which is unusual, as Europe usually updates before Canada, OR the US.

It'll likely just confuse some people here. 

0 Likes
snackwell
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
That is why I said what I did to begin with and what hardware and software combination I had. More people do this than you realize.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Perhaps there are more people than I realize. 

Judging from the depth of knowledge seen here, if that's indeed the case, those people rarely post anything.

Other than getting OTAs a bit earlier than typical of Samsung Canada, I really don't see any advantages to running the US Firmware, and possibly some disadvantages, unless you Flash the Canadian Carrier's CSC..

Carrier Bloat is minimal now, and any remaining can easily be disabled, if it's important to you.

Maybe I'm missing something.. 

0 Likes