Original topic:

Transfer from s10 to s22

(Topic created on: 03-19-2023 08:33 AM)
Struggles
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, folks
I'll start by saying I'm not tech savvy so layman's terms are appreciated :) I just set up and transferred my old phone s10 to s22...I'm missing a weeks worth of Whatsapp messages and my Signal app didn't transfer at all...what can I do?

Thanks so much

Maureen 
0 Likes
2 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, do you remember backup your whatsapp data using Google drive?

If yes, you can Transfer and restore your WhatsApp backup.

Launch WhatsApp on your new phone >> Tap 'Agree and Continue' >> Verify your phone number when prompted (NB: If you are not prompted, you should uninstall and reinstall WhatsApp on your new phone) >> Enter the verification code sent by WhatsApp to your phone >> Tap Restore >> Tap Next >> WhatsApp will restore your chats and media to your new phone from Google Drive.

You can also Transfer and restore your WhatsApp backup from a Samsung account.

Open Settings >> Tap 'Accounts and backup’ >> Tap ‘Backup and restore’ >> Tap Restore data >> Select WhatsApp to restore/transfer >> If prompted, tap ‘install’ to restore your Apps screen and Home screen.

The Signal app which your'e referring didn't transfered, you might need to download it again on your new device.
0 Likes
Struggles
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Wow!! Thanks so much for those detailed reply - it is much appreciated; I shall give these suggestions a try
Thanks again :)