Original topic:

Travel Adapter 45W Compatibility

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 11:15 AM)
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S

I'm just wondering if I connect my Travel Adapter 45W (EP-TA845XBEGCA) to my Fast Charge Wireless Charging Convertible (EP-PG950TBEGUS), will it give the same charging speed (45W)?

Also is it safe to connect it to an older device (e.g. S10)?

0 Likes
8 Comments
Galaxy S
yup the same output. if you have the 15 watt wireless charger, you'll get 15 watt of charging... but if you go below 15 watt then you get below 15watt of charging.. you can upscale the input but the same output.

now for safety, it might break your wireless charger or decrease its lifespan.

i think the wireless charger comes with a block charger already. my 15watt wireless charger comes with 25watt block charger..

it is not advisable to use a 45watt block charger to your wireless charger...

these are just my thoughts and open for corrections...
0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

That's what I'm afraid of: it'll overload the convertible wireless charger since it charges on lower watts.

Just trying to get a confirmation since this is what Samsung official website is saying:

The 45W Travel Adapter also charges at 15W. So it charges your other devices and your friends' Galaxy devices too, even if their Galaxy device doesn't support Super Fast Charging 2.0.

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Gokongming for responding and we appreciate your time and efforts.

0 Likes
Galaxy S
i think they're pertaining to non-samsung devices using their 45watt chargers where their output is only 15watt of charging instead of 45 watt.. now, it's a different case for wireless chargers.. i think..

Screenshot_20210202-142023_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Galaxy S
i have this charger, and this one really rocks!!! it's fast enough to charge your phone.. i Don't use the 25watt charger anymore unless, I'm going for a trip somewhere. lol.. (not on this pandemic crisis) the only drawbacks with wireless charger is, your type c port might get dusty, so i bought those type c covers on amazon. hehe..

20201028_110114_1774.jpg

0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Yeah I saw that too but you can't put your phone flat. That's why I keep my convertible charger.
Galaxy S
yup that's the only flaw.. but I'm enjoying this charger.. I'm not sure if its discontinued already..
0 Likes
btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
UPDATE: I have been using Travel Adapter 45W for several days now. I don't feel much benefits except it can charge within several minutes BUT IF you plugged it the charger port. I used with wireless charger, it only gives me regular charging power. Plus it's so bulky LOL
0 Likes