Original topic:

UI 4.1 - recent apps replaced with recommended apps... fix?

(Topic created on: 04-04-2022 09:23 AM)
inorga
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else have their recent apps replaced with recommended apps with no remedy in the latest UI update? I constantly use the recent apps because there are a few apps I use all the time, but now it seems that I don't have that option anymore, and it only gives me a listing for stock apps from Samsung that I never use... I've gone through the settings, in the logical places, but it appears I don't have a proper option to change this... It just allows me to use recommended apps or not have anything show up when I hit the recents button... is there a remedy for this?
127 Comments
canucks4life
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Confirmed as well after 4.1 UI update S21+
inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Let's hope threads like this reach the ears of the Samsung developers... this is awful... used that function constantly
dt64617
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same issue! If anyone is listening, please restore previous functionality (icons for four most recent apps where the recommended apps are now showing).

DJBODOM
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

+1 Same issue. Plz fix

inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I hear you both... It's frustrating to have a function that makes this device easier to use removed like this...
Sandro_76
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thanks for confirming this. Samsung, please fix this!

inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Agreed - fix needed for this... very poor choice to have a function this key in the UI removed
fyo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Confirmed, same issue on Galaxy S20 FE 5G after update to One UI 4.1.

inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I was hoping another update that followed would address this issue, as it had the usual blanket statement about improvements and bug-fixes, but no such luck... 😕
TerryinGA
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Sucky solution, but if you uninstall and reinstall an app it will show up.  I have tested it with Facebook and Messenger.  Worked both times.  ***UPDATE***  Did not work when I did it with Instagram.  

Screenshot_20220329-144611_One UI Home.jpg