Original topic:

UI 4.1 - recent apps replaced with recommended apps... fix?

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 08:46 PM)
inorga
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else have their recent apps replaced with recommended apps with no remedy in the latest UI update? I constantly use the recent apps because there are a few apps I use all the time, but now it seems that I don't have that option anymore, and it only gives me a listing for stock apps from Samsung that I never use... I've gone through the settings, in the logical places, but it appears I don't have a proper option to change this... It just allows me to use recommended apps or not have anything show up when I hit the recents button... is there a remedy for this?
127 Comments
inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Agreed... I actually got this Samsung device only because they banned Huawei devices... I had 3 Huawei devices prior, and even though there were small inflexibilities with their UI, the Samsung UI has been infinitely more frustrating... I'm thinking that if this continues I'll have to make the move to an Honor device - which is no longer banned as Huawei no longer owns the Honor brand
RosieG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Honestly a terrible idea to change this and force stock apps, and in many cases unused apps. Feels like a huge regression! Loved Samsung for years but will look to change next time if things like this continue. What I love about Android is the customisation but the UI is ruining this

inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Had a Huawei device prior to this Samsung and loved it - even after 2.5 years, battery would still last 2 days.... Bought the S21 5G on a Black Friday deal and have regretted it ever since... terrible battery life by comparison - lasted from when I take it off the charger at 6:00am until between 5:00-8:00pm when I first bought it... had frustrating issues where Samsung has made it difficult to use anything but the stock apps that are poorer equivalents of what I need (i.e. password manager, etc.), several other UI issues, like burying alarms in my notification list... now this... first and last Samsung device... the phone is 11 months old and I've had to buy a power bank as it now needs to be charged 1-2 times per day in addition to the overnight charge I've always done... half-way through the day it's at 10-15% the majority of the time, and I'm using it primarily in the afternoon... horrendous
0 Likes
RemoteReina
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
Wow, I am glad I found this!! I have been feeling frustrated for days and thought I was losing my mind on how it was so difficult to navigate my apps. Hoping they do something...it was so useful.
inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You're not losing your mind - they've lost theirs, obviously, in removing such a great feature...
Sleepybaby666
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

I also rarely make an account to complain but Holy H*ck this "update" is absolutely garbage. Who thought this was a good idea & why was it agreed on? 

Change it back. Fix it. 

MrVaderMan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It's the same on the Galaxy S20 FE 5G. I was really hoping this was just a bug. If this is really supposed to be a feature, it's extremely stupid and anti-consumer. I really hope they revert it. First-time Samsung user here and I've actually been fairly happy so far. But if they keep removing genuinely useful features that...

MrVaderMan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I'm still hoping this may be a bug since the support page about the feature says it's supposed to show your four most recent apps.

Enrico9431
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Happy to have found this as this bothers me greatly as well.

Now I at least know that I'm not stupid for being unable to find a nonexistent option.

Dignitary
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Im having the same issue on my S22 Ultra. Complete BS. If it doesn't get fixed on the next update I'm getting rid of this phone and getting a totally different manufacturer and will tell the people I meet to do the same