Original topic:

UI 4.1 - recent apps replaced with recommended apps... fix?

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 08:53 PM)
inorga
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone else have their recent apps replaced with recommended apps with no remedy in the latest UI update? I constantly use the recent apps because there are a few apps I use all the time, but now it seems that I don't have that option anymore, and it only gives me a listing for stock apps from Samsung that I never use... I've gone through the settings, in the logical places, but it appears I don't have a proper option to change this... It just allows me to use recommended apps or not have anything show up when I hit the recents button... is there a remedy for this?
127 Comments
inorga
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm doing the same soon, whether they fix it or not... having my battery replaced under warranty and selling this device - terrible phone
0 Likes
DeeStar90
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Unbelievably frustrating! Something that was so useful gone and replaced with **bleep**. I just ended up turning the option off cause I was frustrated not seeing the most recent apps like before. I absolutely HATE having to click around more and have just started leaving a bunch of apps open but I can't stand it.

Please please please fix.

asacsgarcia
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Thank god I'm not alone on this. Kept trying to get a solution from Samsung Support service and all they suggested was wiping out my phone and do a hard reset 🙄 btw, they say they don't provide a phone temporarily in the amount of time the original defective phone is being repaired, I've never heard of such a thing! Always got a replacement phone for the amount of time my phone was being repaired - specially being my phone within warranty.

jjstoh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Glad to have found this page. I was holding off on updating, and finally I gave in and let them do it. Very much regret my decision, this was a feature I absolutely relied on.

Please revert the change Samsung! Or at least give us an option to change the 'recommended' apps - none of them are apps I have ever used.

dahamsta
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

This is incredibly annoying, I use those buttons nearly every time I open my phone. Come on Samsung, revert this idiocy, quickly!

Spiderbite
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Glad I found this topic. I created a user ID for the first time just because of this issue and I have been a Samsung user for many, many years. 

Samsung, please fix this ASAP!  This is probably the worst change I have seen Samsung make. Why mess with stuff that works great and isn't broken?  Just an excuse to show they changed something?  

This **bleep**. 

bluepowder
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

It is very simple: either Samsung restores the recent apps feature to it's former behaviour, in a timely fashion, or this is most definitely and without a shadow of a doubt going to be the last Samsung device I will be using. Another suggestion: fire the dullard that thought this was a good idea immediately, before he effs up even more perfectly functional features just for innovations's sake. 

0 Likes
Chase47
Beginner Level 5
Galaxy S

Same issue here. Please fix!

0 Likes
canucks4life
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The only workaround I've found is to reinstall your most used apps apk manually and they will appear again instead of Samsung useless recommended.
bluepowder
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Sounds intrigueing... You don't happen to have a link to said apk handy, per chance?