Original topic:

Uninstalling Bixby

(Topic created on: 05-15-2021 08:17 PM)
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Everyone, I don't use or plan on using Bixby.  I was wondering if there is a way to uninstall Bixby permanently?  
10 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I am sure you can't uninstall Bixby but however you can disable Bixby and remap the Bixby button for another app shortcut..
0 Likes
Scarlettheart
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
What phone version do you have?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have the Galaxy S8.
0 Likes
Scarlettheart
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Unfortunately on your device there is no way to uninstall Bixby however the good news is you could disable it permanently
I found this link should be very helpful it tells you how to do that in detail

How to completely disable Bixby on Samsung Galaxy S & Note Phones | Android Central

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-completely-disable-bixby
0 Likes
oooOmitoOooo
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
fortunately there is.
0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Well really there's not much need to uninstall it if you don't ever plan on using it, Just simply don't use it. honestly though I set out last sat to try to actually learn and use Bixby. Over the last several days once you actually realize It's an assistant do tasks on your phone it's actually really cool the things that you can get it to do. Most people seem get frustrated because they think bixby is a direct replacement to Google assistant but it's not the case it's made to do task not really search for information like Google. Personally I am surprised i am actually saying this but Bixby actually pretty cool.
Vbmerc
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

The simple fact of the matter is Bixby takes over elements of your phone without your permission. If you don't want to use it, it will force you to. You want to skip a song with the double click on your Bluetooth device? Well guess what, bixby is here to ask you what you need instead. You may not be able to fully disable it, like in my case. Without the option to completely disable it or uninstall, it makes it a nuisance.

Galaxy S
Everyone, I greatly appreciate your help in trying to disable Bixby. Also, thank you Scarlettheart for the link to disable Bixby. I tried to disable Bixby and it worked. Thank You all once again.
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Jayman1973 (Off topic) Finally, did you buy the Galaxy Tab S5e ?
0 Likes