Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked S10e from US not receiving OTA updates in Canada

(Topic created on: 05-21-2022 02:10 PM)
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased an unlocked S10e from Best Buy in Canada and it ended up being a US version of the phone (Samsung support says it's originally from AT&T). It currently has One UI 3.1, Android 11, and the December 1, 2021 patch - all of which appear to be outdated - but attempting a software update on the phone says the software is up to date and Smart Switch also says there's no update.

I've spoken to 8 or 9 Samsung agents but none of them have been able to provide a solution and my local Samsung store said they "won't even touch" my phone because it's from the US. I know people will say to flash the new firmware with Odin, but I'm using a mac and Odin seems to be Windows-only. Is there any way for me to get updates on my phone?

48 Comments
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Hey dude! Sorry my guy, I know nothing about flash with Odin. What even is Odin? That's the mystery I'm currently facing. Are there flash Odin experts here? Hello?

0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

Wow, thank you for telling me! This is just so complicated, I don't understand a thing! I should go do more research or I could mess up somewhere for someone, and then someone else will need to come around to fix what I just did, so what's the point right? Man, so comlicated!

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
What is your CSC code on your device?
0 Likes
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

XAA/XAA/ATT

0 Likes
Experts
Active Level 5
Galaxy S

See? I don't understand a thing. What's that supposed to mean? I have no idea. So much to learn!

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Model of your device sm-g970u1?
Your Mac is silicon or Intel?
0 Likes
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

SM-G970U

Intel

0 Likes
PókeDynamax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Intel that is easy.
Search on Google boot camp(official software from apple) then follow instruction. Grab iso file from Microsoft site ( install windows 10 or 11). Follow instructions and when it prompt a product key. Just ignore and continues. Good to go. That is all I can help you that.