Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked S10e from US not receiving OTA updates in Canada

(Topic created on: 05-21-2022 01:29 PM)
Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

I purchased an unlocked S10e from Best Buy in Canada and it ended up being a US version of the phone (Samsung support says it's originally from AT&T). It currently has One UI 3.1, Android 11, and the December 1, 2021 patch - all of which appear to be outdated - but attempting a software update on the phone says the software is up to date and Smart Switch also says there's no update.

I've spoken to 8 or 9 Samsung agents but none of them have been able to provide a solution and my local Samsung store said they "won't even touch" my phone because it's from the US. I know people will say to flash the new firmware with Odin, but I'm using a mac and Odin seems to be Windows-only. Is there any way for me to get updates on my phone?

Resolved!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You are very welcome! 🙇🏼‍♂️

To check if you will receive any future updates OTA from your Carrier, go to Settings > Software Update & Click on "Download & Install" let me know what the message at the top is?

If it says "Your Software is up to date", then you should get future updates without having to download them yourself using Frija & then Flashing them manually 🤞

Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

It does say that it's up to date but it also said that before, so I guess we'll see what happens when the next update comes out.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Wondering if you check in About Phone > Status Information, if it still says "Official"?

If it does, that'd be a positive thing to see! 

Riffamortis
Active Level 3
Galaxy S

Phone status is Official.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's awesome! I'm pretty sure that you WILL be able to get updates through OTAs!

Hopefully solving two issues with just a little pain 🙂👍

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Uhm.. 

Try this version of Patched Odin, it's one version older, but it's worth a shot. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GaWBeEfweFK0n1wD2tPsnHGOAUlD9FFZ/view?usp=drivesdk

Jay1972
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you. You help me as well my phone is now Canadian
Rickyray81
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Hello. 

Can you provide an update?

Did you get the OTA updates after flashing with a different firmware?

Got a brand new s21 Ultra at a great price and I'm limited on the time remaining for returns.

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
the_expert
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

hello. the_expert here. you are welcome. please mark solution of rabid red dog for helping of others in future.

0 Likes
Rickyray81
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Can you confirm afterwards if it does get the OTA updates?

Flashed an Usa unlock phone with a Canadian region firmware.

Thank you.

0 Likes