Original topic:

Unused Samsung Phones' Batteries are Swelling

(Topic created on: 09-29-2022 10:44 AM)
DëV
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

https://www.sammobile.com/news/have-an-old-samsung-phone-lying-around-check-its-battery/

There are articles and tweets about this after YouTuber Mrwhosetheboss made an awareness video about it.

Please check your old samsung devices too, and keep it in a safe/fireproof sleeve/bag until Samsung comes with a solution or free battery replacement.

Comment below if u have the same issue.

10 Comments
Zimanev
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I do keep my old Galaxy S and S5 im drawer. Immadiately checking them after watching Mrwhosetheboss YoutTube video.
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
👌
0 Likes
GunasamssYT
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
It always happens to unused phones. I checked on my old phone collections and one of my old vivo phone battery expanded..
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Not always, my iphones and huawei batteries are still fine, most YouTubers having this issue on their Samsung phones. I believe Samsung already started to find the root cause for this.
GunasamssYT
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ohhhhh 😳

I hope they will improve their batteries soon.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yes not always. none of my samsung collection has a swollen battery so far.
0 Likes
PenangMan
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
who is the culprit to make them pregnant?
0 Likes
scinex
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
After watching yt from Arun, I did check on my S6+ and N10, and surprisingly I see my N10 does has a gap at the back cover, an indication or sign that the battery is bloated. Not much but enough for the cover not to fully closed.
I don't see it with my S6+ however.
@samsung, please have a look on this issue urgently as it's not supposed to happen especially on premier/high end model.

#samsung
#samsungmalaysia
DëV
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Good that you've checked now, I'm not sure whether this will lead to an explosion but its better to take extra precautions before something happens. Isolate the samsung phones from other phones and keep it in a fireproof container if can