Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Update failed error on S21

(Topic created on: 03-19-2021 08:39 AM)
Ryan42
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Is there a way to fix the update failed error on the new S21?  Trying to install the March 2021 update.  I have tried OTA, SmartSwitch, clearing cache partion, Different WIFI networks, reset network settings and countless reboots.  I think the only thing left is to do a factory reset?  Trying to avoid doing this.

15 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Not sure you'll have another choice..

So if i understand,  you go in Settings / Software update, it download the update and install it and you receive a update failed error ?

I called the 911-CHMultimedia operator  to take a look...

0 Likes
rgs23
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
here some of the things you wanna try
1. Check your device storage and make sure if you have space available to download an update
2. try clearing data and cache of Google play store and see if that makes a difference
3. Reboot your phone in safe mode and update from there. to reboot your phone in safe mode hold down the power button > long press on power off > you should see safe mode there > when device boots up in safe mode > do an update from there
Ryan42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I will try safe mode tonight.  I have also done the clear google play store cache and data clear.  I have lots of room left on the phone.

0 Likes
Ryan42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Nope didnt work

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Please try the suggestions provided by Rgs23 and get back to us if the issue still persists. Thanks for the response Rgs23.

0 Likes
Ryan42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Nope didnt work

0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
What is the version you're currently on and what version are you trying to install? Please share a screenshot of the bottom end of the Download page for the update first, then install this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.vndnguyen.phoneinfo
Go in the Firmware page and post a screenshot of it. You may uninstall the app afterwards. See my sample screenshots

20210319_222906_25662.jpg

Screenshot_20210319-223016_25664.png

0 Likes
Ryan42
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Opps  clicked accept as a solution.  Not a solution.  Did you want me to screen shot the update version and the current version?   

0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes, please give me two screenshots as per my instructions above.
0 Likes