Original topic:

Update Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

(Topic created on: 07-18-2022 08:12 AM)
Sobhan-EM
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hello everyone,

I hope I can find a solution to the following problem because it was driving me crazy.

My Galaxy asks me to update the device. so I accept it and the update will be done.

after the update and everything when the system reboots I get another notification that the update has been postponed.

Well, I didn't postpone it myself, the system should know what it wants to do with the new update!

The notification is always fixed there and I can't turn it off. It doesn't matter how many times I update the device, it's so thirsty to do it again.

Best Regards

0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy S
I have the S21 Ultra as well and did not have any issues with downloading and installing the update. I would try turning the phone off, waiting 5 to 10 seconds, turn the phone back on and try running the update again. I am thinking there may have been a communication error between the server providing the update and the phone.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try this. Settings > Apps & Toggle ON "Show System Apps", Search for "Software", and you should see these two system apps. Clear Cache & Data for BOTH & Reboot.

Go to Settings > Software Update & try again.

Screenshot_20220718-131221_Settings.jpg

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
You can also plug it to your computer and from there you can update your device on Samsung's Switch
Waiting to see if REdDogRabbit solution works
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yeah, it sounds like the freshly installed update isn't getting recognized, which is why I'd clear cache & data for the two system software update apps.

I'm not sure if Smart Switch update would recognize it either?

Sounds like there's something stuck in the update file? 

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, you can try the steps provided by others to check the software update on your device.

Also, we suggest you to perform wipe cache partition and check if your issue is resolved. Below are the steps to perform clear cache partition.
1.Turn off the unit.
2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).
3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".
4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.
5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
We'll see if that was so simple...
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Well, it was simple to cut 'n paste lol 😂