Original topic:

Update

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 03:28 AM)
MChau
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Anybody in Canada got the June security patch for the S21 Ultra?? Its July and i didnt see any. My husband got the S22 ultra and he received it already !!
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

This is the latest OS Update Schedule from Rogers. It's usually updated on Fridays, but last week it was on Saturday. Today being Canada Day, I think that it's unlikely to see an update from Rogers, or Telus. 

You'd like to think that updates would come to the recent Flagship devices first, and then in descending order, but that's not how Samsung seems to work. 

EN Jun 25-1.png

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Fvkc scamsung canada just completely skipping s21 for no reason
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You didn't update to the June Security Patch Update yet.. 🤣

theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Lol..
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

In case you didn't see it, & according to Fido, the June Security Patch Update for the S21 series is July 12th.

7 July 2022 012358 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I did see it. I don't care, it's mid july at this point, they shouldn't be releasing June now..
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Was a bit better for my S20 Ultra, actually available on the 6th with the June Security Patch.

But, hey I don't have anything to do with when, or what.. Just wanted to make sure you saw it 🙂

Sebastiend89
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Usually when they skip it's because were getting a big update/features. Thats what they did before and it was an os update not just a security update.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I wouldn't say "usually". It's far more rare to receive an update that includes feature changes. 

Samsung just isn't very good with releasing updates, although they are definitely better than a few years ago.