Original topic:

Updates List [07/23]

(Topic created on: 07-23-2020 05:59 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

And here's this week's update on the Updates List.

Essentially Tablet-focused, with particularly good news for Tab A 8.4 (Tab A4 S) owners as development for OneUI 2 has begun. I'm currently looking  at a probable September release. The issue with the Tab S6 was solved too.

Looks like news outlets JUST started picking up what I posted last week about OneUI 2.5 coming to the S20, after Ice Universe and Max Weinbach posted  about it. You've heard it first here 😉. Someone might want to tell them, or not. Feels nice to know Canadians had the exclusivity for a whole week, unbeknownst to them.

In the next edition of the list, I will overhaul the supported devices lists to more closely match the schedule list. Maybe apply DirectMedia (my UI) if I get it to work, as well as updating anything that got new information of course.

Go have a look on my amazing, ad-less, malware-less, phishing-less website: http://chmulti.ca/updates

15 Comments
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Don't worry, I'll figure it out. Thanks for the thought though! That's really nice
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
no problem hopefully your local carrier will have some 0 down option. Something that will get you back on track. I'm not overly impressed over the new note 20 ultra. least what's leaked thus far anyway. Very minimal steps forward in my opinion. Not sure if that was a consideration you may be holding out on. I would suggest the 10 plus., if you loved your note 9. Then the 10 plus one will get you there and then some.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
If iI upgrade from my carrier, I'd have to get a new plan, which means changing all our phone lines to "Infinite" plans which costs so much more for no benefit (to get the same amount of data + a phone, like what I had, it would be 2x the price). I'll have to buy it outright. Currently exploring my options, including to buy a Note10+ from Costco...
0 Likes
CynicalJerk84
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
ya that's brutal greze. hard to keep them grandfather plans then want everyone off them. i have a work friend just orders unlocked ones an set's them up here. cheaper over sea anyway plus better colors
0 Likes
soccerdad
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
CHMultimedia, if a Smartphone phone is on a quarterly update schedule, when can the next update be anticipated? For example the A71?
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
3 months later. Post initial launch and post major update, you can expect more updates. I can't give you an exact "when" because it depends on Samsung's mood.