Original topic:

Updates List : More BIG NEWS (Aug. 4th)

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 12:54 PM)
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Options
Galaxy S

Hi.Here's your update news for this week, now with DirectMedia 3.1W!

WIP FOTA v2 (DirectMedia)-1.png

If the image is too compressed, you can see it here. There's also a download button in the web versi...

You'll notice a lot of new updates, including a lot of OneUI 2.5 upgrades that are on the way.

I'd like to thank everyone who voiced their opinion on the new Updates list. After counting the votes, the second version was the most popular one, and so it was adopted. But the Z style still had its fans, so I will try to consider how to bring these two styles together somehow.

No Tablets or Wearables  info as I did not redesign their section yet. Though it seems that the Tab S5e and Tab S6 are getting updates soon (and oddly enough, the Tab S5e has the first dibs on OneUI 2.5?)

16 Comments
Rebekka
Options
Galaxy S

Hi  CHMultimedia,

Thanks for sharing the information with our community members.

0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Two suggestions:
Fold 2 should be "Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G"
Make it say "Note10 | Note10+"
and "Note20 5G | Note20 Ultra 5G"
But that might get a bit crowded lol^
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Feels redundant, knowing that there's no LTE-only models of the Z Fold2 and the N20 series (sadly since 5G is completely useless here). But if people wonder where the + models are, maybe it's worth re-implementimg
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I kind of agree, for example IDK why the S20 isn't just called "S20" here, we don't even have a 4G S20 in Canada lol.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Because they think that adding 5G will bring sales, like LG and it's weird ThinQ moniker, or other buzzwords like AI or Quad-camera. Wasn't it like that for the SII here? They dropped it for the SIII
0 Likes
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Not sure lol, S3 was my first phone so I don't know anything before that 😂
0 Likes
Galaxy S
next firmware for A51 is 2.5 @CHMultimedia
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Maybe, currently there's nothing in development for it.
0 Likes
Alain47
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Salut CHMultimedia, ont était pas supposer recevoir une nouvelle mise à jour aujourd'hui le 4 Août ?
Salut Alain
0 Likes