Original topic:

USB Port Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 512 GB Problem

(Topic created on: 08-03-2022 12:20 AM)
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Good morning, I am not sure if anyone is having the same problem, but my S21 Ultra is just over 15 months old, and the USB-C port is no longer recognizing a charging cable, period. 

With that said, I am meticulously careful with my devices, always watching out for drops and for problems in the port. My USB port is totally clean, I have tried three or four charging bricks as well as about a dozen cables.

Occasionally when the cord is in the port, it is picked up from the system as a charger, then immediately disconnects. 

Wireless charging works, fast wireless charging also works, however the port cannot be used for charging or for Android auto or for any sort of transferring.

I have already done what will be recommended by the moderator, gone out and bought a brand new Samsung OEM charger and cable, reset the phone, as well as factory reset the device. It does not solve the problem, the port itself shows no sign of corrosion, and does not even have a single fiber of lint in it. 

Is anyone else out there having a similar problem? The device was never dropped, nor was it in a manner where the cord would be bent into the port. 

I have had Samsung an S3, S6, S8, S10 Plus, and S21 Ultra, and never had a similar problem before. So incredibly frustrating because I am extremely cautious with the device. 
12 Comments
OmarAlWardian
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Same here. I use the Samsung 15W pad though and it charges in an hour And a half which is nice. No Android Auto tho. 🥺
0 Likes
cjbb
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I am having this problem too!
0 Likes
Samsung_s04CQIs
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

Same problem here.

0 Likes