Original topic:

USB Port Samsung S10+ port overheated not working

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 09:09 PM)
Huskers01
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Was out fishing tonight, had my S10+ plugged into the power when I smelled electrical melting. Thought it was the cable but it was not. Smell was coming from the S10+ port. Now the port does not work but can charge on a ventev charger.

0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
I think better take your phone to qualified service center to check it out. Electrical melting smell and overheat is not a good sign.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Huskers01,

As mentioned by examined by the authorized technician to check the root cause of the issue. Please contact our live chat support team. They will help you further.

You need to book an appointment before going to Samsung Authorized service centers by contacting our live chat support team. Follow the below link:
0 Likes
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Sounds like some debris got in either the cable connector or the USB jack and semi-shorted the 5V to ground pins. I assume overcurrent protection will stop a short but its dangerous to the phone if there is enough resistance to allow current but not enough to trigger protection. Like mentioned above, get it to an authorized repair center.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you Jebourquey for sharing your opinion in a more technical way. 

Get it to an authorized repair/service center is the best solution for this.😊

0 Likes