Original topic:

Users and work profiles

(Topic created on: 10-27-2020 08:54 AM)
SteFai
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi all,

I am trying to set a new s6 lite tablet for my family and I would create 3 different users (one for me, one for my first daughter and one for my second daughter).

For the last two profiles I 'd like to create two work profiles (G Suite for school).

So,

- an admin user 

- 1st daughter user (secondary user) + work profile 

- 2nd daughter user (secondary user) + work profile

Is it possible?

When I try to create a work profile under a secondary user, It fails.

Thanks.

5 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi SteFai,
Set up additional user accounts for other users to use the device with personalized settings, such as email accounts, wallpaper preferences, and more. The following types of user accounts are available.
• Owner: The owner account is created only when setting up the device for the first time, and cannot be created more than one. This account has full control of the device including user account management.
• User: This account allows users to access their own apps and content, and customize the device settings that affect all accounts.
• Restricted profile: A restricted account can only access the apps and content allowed by the owner account, and cannot use the services that require logging in.

Set Up User Profiles:
Set up user profiles and then select one when unlocking the device to use personalized settings.
1. From a Home screen, touch Apps > Settings
2. Scroll down and touch Users under the Device tab.
3. To add a new user or profile, touch Add user or profile > User > OK > SET UP NOW.
Note: After you create a new user, that person needs to go through a setup process.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the account setup.

max11
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Hi, Halston, I have the same issue.

You provided steps of how to create a new user.

But the issue is different. We created a secondary user, it works.

What does not work is adding a school account to a secondary user.  School account requires creating a work profile and at this step it fails.

The devices says: "Couldn't setup your work profile".

0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Hi SteFai, I suggest you please reach out to live chat support for remote assistance by using the link below and they will help you with the issue.

0 Likes
AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Halston, does this work for any device? I have an A20 and wondering if I can create a user account and have a separate 'Work profile' from an Office 365 account I have as a student in a training program
0 Likes
Galaxy S
can I set up a work profile with my note10+ restricted access. don't need my boss looking through my **bleep**
0 Likes