Original topic:

Using DeX: S21 Ultra vs S20+

(Topic created on: 01-29-2021 09:51 AM)
DTS
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I wonder if there's any difference between the S21 Ultra and S20+ in the context of connecting to Windows 10 laptops wirelessly using the built-in DeX software?   I can connect wirelessly using the built-in DeX software on the S21 Ultra whereas connecting the S20+ to the same laptop requires a cable.  The S20+ can connect to the tv wirelessly via DeX but not the laptop.  Any insight?
0 Likes
8 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Wireless DeX for PC/laptop is supported on the following models only: Galaxy S21/S21+/S21 Ultra.

0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks for the info! Any plan to expand support to the S20 and S10 series?
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
You need to be at least on One UI 2.5 Android 10 and greater, for Dex to be used wirelessly.
0 Likes
ctangabc
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Also make sure you have also have Dex installed onto your computer.
0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
The S21+ is on Android 11 with UI 3.0 and the laptop has the latest DeX version. The S10+ has 10 / 2.5 and the S21U has 11 / 3.1. Only the S21U can wirelessly link with the laptop.
0 Likes
DTS
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
sorry, meant to say the S20+ is on Android 11 with UI 3.0.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I'm able to connect Dex wirelessly to my laptop using my Note 20 Ultra which is on One UI 3.0
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I think you all should know that Samsung has an option to turn off your emergency alerts in ui 3 but it actually doesn't and the program that is not even Samsung can't be Uninstalled.
it gives the app permission to read your txt messages and unlock your phone.

you need to stop the app in the developer options under cached apps.

they buried it intentionally
0 Likes