Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Vertical Green and Pink Line S20+

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 05:21 AM)
HRMTan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I got green vertical line last June 6 after a week or two from my last software update. No physical damage (cracks or liquid damage) I monitor and read some articles from google and I found out that this has been an issue for s20+ in a while I even chat the live chat of samsung they advise to reboot, or do factory reset which I dont have time to do since I need to back up my files. Last week of June 2022, I receive a notification of software update so I did wishing that the line might disappear and viola, I GOT 2 LINES NOW, ONE GREEN AND ONE PINK. This time I visit the service center of samsung (SM North Edsa) last June 30,2022. And I got news today, they're charging me 11K for the LCD saying that this is parts break down. I reach out that I know that this has been an issue for this specific model and do I need to pay for the parts replacement eventhough its not a client's fault? The representative said : "Ma'am, last month pa kasi nag expire yung memo na kapag free of charge ang repair sa s20+" and then I said: "How come ngayon hindi na free of charge e same concern lang naman?" Yun daw po ang memo sa kanila. This is super unfair! Samsung PH and Samsung itself didn't release a memo regarding this issue and there has been a memo that if pinagawa mo yung unit on a certain period free of charge ka. 

Kung may recall ang mga units they should have release a campaign for it kahit nga silent campaign e. So disappointing.
Solution
Galaxy S
sent dm it may help
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Please send me a dm too, had the same issue.
0 Likes
Chendell27
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Was your issue solved? Honestly speaking napaka bad experience imagine buying a flagship phone na automatic masisira kahit wala kang gnagawa tapos aminado sila na faulty ung product nila pero ikaw pa din mag babayad ng repair na hindi mo nman kasalanan what a crappy company and service. I have the same issue and up to now there is no solution

HRMTan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Until now waiting pa din sa sagot daw ng Head Office. Same sentiments tayo. Nakakadismaya talaga nung narinig ko sa mismong CSR nila na need ko magbayad ng 11K+ since tapos na yung month na free of charge. I'll update you once nasolve na yung issue.
0 Likes
Nehhh
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm in the same situation right now; 11K and some weird stuff like needing to order parts because my phone was not bought locally which will increase the repair time to at most a month! This was in SM Mega Mall. So I don't know what people are claiming that Service Centers will repair them for free when OP said it's already expired or they act like they have no clue about it. This was your Flagship phone Samsung! How do you not carry the proper parts? Let alone charging people for an updated that they pushed? These are just abhorrent and anti-consumer practices. If Samsung doesn't properly address this I will make sure myself along with my friends and family will no longer Samsung and her subsidiaries.  

0 Likes
HRMTan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Update July 8, 2022.

Samsung PH approved my request. My s20+ was repaired at Php 0 (Zero) cost! Hope everyone can get the same treatment since this is not a client's fault.
0 Likes
MMFC
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Did they reset your phone? Coz my phone is experiencing the same.. may i know what process did you follow?
0 Likes
garg18
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

how did u request the samsung ?

i am facing the same problem .

kindly tell me the solution

0 Likes
TonetteR
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
How po? Please help.