Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

VERTICAL GREEN LINE ON S20+

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 05:01 PM)
pirpirr
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Another screen issue this year huh? 🙄 First was the white/green screen tint last June. Did factory reset, went to the nearest available ( and operating) service center and they "updated" my phone's software. Fast forward December, another screen issue occurred. Their solution? Factory reset again. 🤦

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Galaxy S
email samsung for the concern, and make sure to call customer service to notify the concern and get the case number.
If you find my comment as a solution to your question. Please click the triple dot and choose "Accept Solution" as a sign. Thanks!

View solution in context

39 Comments
Galaxy S
If it's still under warranty, have it replaced already. I'm afraid that's a hardware issue already.
pirpirr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Unfortunately it's no longer under warranty. I talked to one of their chat support team and they're checking on the issue as there's similar cases on the S20 line up. ☹
Galaxy S
I've noticed a post before saying that they've managed to have the screen replaced for free (because of the lines) by emailing the CEO, you can try that.
None1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hey how to contact the CEO

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Any updates ?
0 Likes
pirpirr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, I went to the service center and left my phone there. After a day, they informed that they will replace the screen for free. Sadly, there's no available screen/lcd as of the moment so I have to wait for their update. Thank you so much for your help! ^_^
IamRhai
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I also encounter poor customer service management from Samsung but let us be fair. Not everyone among them were really equipped to repair a specific issue.

As @jamesrred shared, consider checking the warranty. If it's already out of warranty, you can still ask them [i.e. Samsung] to repair it but such a service will incur cost. That [i.e. the said cost] should have been a part of those you need to anticipate when you bought the device.
0 Likes
pirpirr
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes, their CSR can only do basic troubleshooting and will refer you to the nearest service center for checking.

Unfortunately, it's no longer under warranty. Yes, last time I went for screen issue and they had my phone "updated" free of charge.

With regards to cost, I am willing to pay for the repair/parts if it was my fault.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Honestly got a good service from Henry's Electronics one of samsungs service centers im already out of warranry yet they assist me , since the issue i encountered is a screen issue , with samsungs approval got it fixed