Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Vertical Green Line Samsung S20+

(Topic created on: 11-28-2021 08:35 PM)
Jerra
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi does anyone know how to fix and get rid of green line on S20+. Not sure what causes this issue though, phone not drop or anything. I woke up this morning checked my phone and there a vertical green line is on my screen. Dissapointed as I only got my phone last September 2020 and I have read post online with same issues. Please help. Thanks
15 Comments
Solution
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there, Jerra! Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connecting with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Please give us a call via our toll-free hotlines:

MOBILE: #GALAXY [#425299]
(02) 8-422-2177 [Standard Landline]
Available 24/7

LANDLINE: PLDT Toll-free: 1-800-10-726-7864
Globe Toll-Free: 1-800-8-726-7864
Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111
Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM)

LIVE CHAT SUPPORT: https://livechat.support.samsung.com/Customer_new/PH

Our support team will gather data for documentation, and will further arrange an appointment on your nearest ASCs (door-to-door pick-up is available for users within NCR) for assessment, and/or replacement of the part/s should the cause be determined to be software related (highly subjected for approval). Hope to have helped you! 😊

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

MidoriSora
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
I just experienced the same issue and they said it was due to a faulty battery and display/screen. They didn't say if it was due to anything like water or dropping they just said that it was due to those errors. My question is why would it be due to battery and faulty screen then I have to pay for the repairs? It is also fairly new, bought it around Nov. 2020. It didn't get wet or fall either. It was fine before I slept, woke up and there it was a big vertical green line at the center. Quite disappointing because it cost so much yet the display just breaking on its own and consumers have to shoulder repairs. Not buying a Samsung anymore. I have heard from real live friends of friends that, they have the same issues with edge or slightly edge phones. They also got rid of their phones and purchases either a Huawei, Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo or Vivo instead. I am about to do same. Samsung is so unfair. They make so much money and yet this is the thanks we get. Overpriced faulty device.
plugs
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I agree, so expensive and powerful gadget yet you cannot use its full potential due to the fear of breaking your LCD. such a waste!
Sibil
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Big time cheating by Samsung.

I got the green line too today on my phone which I purchased in October 2020

pawens
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
How much is the screen? I just experienced this problem today. There's a line on my s20+ and I have tried to restart and all. Sigh.
MidoriSora
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It was so expensive it cost 12,000 php that's about 235 usd
plugs
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Those who are having issues with this, try to set every app and settings to dark mode and set adaptive brightness off or keep the brightness level to minimum. everytime green/ white screen appears, just try to keep scrolling til it returns to normal.
0 Likes
Members_NDfqSAG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

that didnt help 😞 

Members_qedrIk5
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Just had mine on my samsung s20 plus today. Thin vertical green line close to the selfie cam up to bottom. I think you should be recalling your phones Samsung. This isnt satisfaction. Had the latest update early in the morning and tonight green line appears out of the blue...