Original topic:

Vertical lines while watching YouTube video

(Topic created on: 02-15-2023 09:40 AM)
Billy-1
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I noticed that when watching a particular YouTube video, multiple thin pink/white/blue/green vertical bars appear across the screen at random every 5 or 10 seconds or so.

Problem is only reproducible when switching video between 4k/1440p resolution AND in WiFi only.

Device: Samsung S21
Android Security updates: January 2023

YouTube video:

0 Likes
5 Comments
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey@Billy-1

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated by our research and development team. Error reports assist with identifying any deviations in your device performance. Once analyzed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further steps.

To send an error report:
Samsung Members app > Support > Error reports > select issue category > Describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘Send system log data’ > ‘Send’ in top right.

Kind regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Billy-1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks for the reply. I can confirm my friend who also has a Samsung S21 exhibits the same problem. Therefore this problem is reproducible on more than one device.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @Billy-1 

You are welcome , and I will make sure to inform my team about the problem. Please let me know if you need help with anything else. 

Kind regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Billy-1
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks. Just to re-iterate. The issue is only reproducible if you switch from 1440p to 4k (or vice-versa) resolution whilst watching that YouTube video in WiFi only. It is also reproducible on Chrome browser as well. And it occurs on more than one S21 mobile device.
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello @Billy-1 

I see that you have sent out an error report and the team has gotten back to you with a response. Please refer to that.

Kind Regards,

SamsungClaudette

0 Likes