Original topic:

Very disappointed with Samsung and Esim

(Topic created on: 03-02-2021 09:00 PM)
Odysseas
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I am very disappointed with samsung . They enable the Esim to India and another countries but they couldn't enable for us in Canada and in the US . 

Never again Samsung.
0 Likes
5 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Blame the Carriers & the arrangement they have with Samsung. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
are you sure it's the carriers? they already support esim on Google and IPhone. so what is the problem in supporting samsung as the support for android is already there with Google phones. My take is on Samsung the one who is solely blocking it.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

No, I'm not absolutely certain that it's the carriers. But I've seen everything from speculation that carriers don't want to make it easier for people to switch, although all the major Canadian carriers support e-SIM, to some arbitrary decision by Samsung, just like when Samsung removed the mobile data toggle from the QS Tiles & now the mobile HotSpot toggle which you can add with adb. The mobile HotSpot toggle still needs to be added back after every security patch update.

Who knows, maybe Samsung is getting paid by the carriers to not enable e-SIM? 

There's certainly no hardware reason for the phones that support it. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
I totally agree. it's very puzzling and why samsung can't come out and give a valid reason for disabling it
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

For the longest time, Samsung moderators were blaming the Carriers for removing the mobile data toggle, then they did a 180 and confessed that it was Samsung Canada that was responsible for it!

Samsung doesn't seem to have much shame with "inventing" the truth.

And who knows, maybe there's a financial incentive for Samsung to not enable e-SIM?