Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Vivid or Natural?

(Topic created on: 10-03-2021 09:23 AM)
cccpn
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello. Just wanted to know your preference for screen color.  Do you use Vivid or Natural? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! Amazing day to you! Here's a quick comparison between the NATURAL and VIVID color settings for your screen. The basic difference between Standard and Vivid screen mode can be deducted from each screen mode name. Vivid screen mode simply provides more intensive colors.

Standard screen mode - is also known as Natural screen mode. It provides the most accurate colors, which gives a natural look to images and videos.

Vivid screen mode - is an enhanced color mode, which is displaying more vibrant and saturated colors. It makes colors richer and highly visible even in direct sunlight. Vivid mode improves the sharpness, contrast, and brightness.

It is difficult to exactly say if natural or vivid screen mode is better. It depends on the user's preferences. The natural screen mode is considered to be more comfortable for the eyes when watching the screen for a longer period of time while using the vivid settings is much suggested if you often use the device outdoors. Hope to have helped! Keep safe and have a great week ahead. 😊

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

24 Comments
Galaxy S
I use Vivid on my N20U. I tried Natural once but it was a tad bland for me.
Charlon
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I prefer natural.
Solution
TeamGalaxyRene
Options
Galaxy S

Hey there! Amazing day to you! Here's a quick comparison between the NATURAL and VIVID color settings for your screen. The basic difference between Standard and Vivid screen mode can be deducted from each screen mode name. Vivid screen mode simply provides more intensive colors.

Standard screen mode - is also known as Natural screen mode. It provides the most accurate colors, which gives a natural look to images and videos.

Vivid screen mode - is an enhanced color mode, which is displaying more vibrant and saturated colors. It makes colors richer and highly visible even in direct sunlight. Vivid mode improves the sharpness, contrast, and brightness.

It is difficult to exactly say if natural or vivid screen mode is better. It depends on the user's preferences. The natural screen mode is considered to be more comfortable for the eyes when watching the screen for a longer period of time while using the vivid settings is much suggested if you often use the device outdoors. Hope to have helped! Keep safe and have a great week ahead. 😊

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cruellime
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Samsung's vivid mode is so bad that it is the first thing I disable on my phone and on our samsung TV.

If you like popin', over-saturated colors then go for vivid.

If you'd like a more realistic/natural or display vids/imgs the way their editors intended to, then go for natural.
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Natural but with a few tweaks.
Ford17
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
How's that? I'm curious 🤔
0 Likes
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I like Natural for it looks..well natural. But it's a bit too yellow. So I go to Visibility Enhancements, turn on Color adjustment then I choose Tritan (Blue-yellow).
Then I adjust the slider midway.

In this setting, my screen has the right amount of color without being oversaturated (vivid) or too yellowy. White appears as white without a bluish hue which happens in vivid.
Ford17
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Cool
0 Likes
Neobdium
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

OMG BRO! U are the best thenk you for this! I was so disapointed of that ugly yellow tint on natural and those unreal burning collors of vivid. THANK YOU!!!