Original topic:

Volume issues since One UI 4.1 update on my Samsung Galaxy S10e.

(Topic created on: 07-14-2022 07:54 AM)
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
My phone's volume control is messed up since the One UI 4.1 update. I unlock my phone and open a video app or want to watch a video on Samsung Internet, if I think the volume is too low, and attempt to increase it, the volume decreases further. I'll have to lock my phone, increase the volume while it's locked, unlock it then increase it again. Every single time. Additionally, when the volume is at 40 or lower, no matter what I'm listening to or watching, the sound will be just too low. Before this update, I watched videos with the volume at 50, because it was just loud enough for me. Now, 50 is low, I have to increase the volume to 80 to hear anything. What do I do to solve this issue? I can't keep using the phone like this if it doesn't have a solution. 
0 Likes
10 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

There probably should be a Pinned Message, with a # something like #UpdateIssues

1st thing to try when you have odd issues after an update > Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache... Yeah it shouldn't be necessary - But there's always a possibility of some "ju*nk" left over from an update that can cause odd behaviour.

2nd thing to do if wiping cache didn't resolve the issue > Factory Reset.. AGAIN this shouldn't be necessary, but if you're having problems with your device - Just Backup & Factory Reset.. That's what I would do.

No point in complaining about it, st*uff happens. 

0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Well, I wouldn't complain if I knew what to do, now would I?

Even the first solution you've proffered, I don't know how to go about that.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Power of your device & Wait a few seconds.

Press & HOLD the Power +Volume UP buttons until you feel the device vibrate. Release BOTH buttons & wait a couple of seconds until you see the Recovery Menu.

Use the Volume button to Scroll down to Wipe Cache & Select with the Power button.

Wait a few seconds until the Recovery Menu Defaults to "Restart Now".

Your device will Reboot.

Factory Reset is the same as above, but instead of Selecting Wipe Cache, you Select Wipe Data Factory Reset. 

⚠️⚠️⚠️

BEFORE you Factory Reset, BACKUP your device with Smart Switch. 

⚠️ Disable 2-Step verification if you have it enabled ⚠️

When your device Boots up, it will be to the Welcome screen, same as when you first received your device as new.

⚠️You'll need to know your passwords etc, So write them down if you need to⚠️

0 Likes
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
On S10e it would be power button + volume up + Bixby buttons all at the same time
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Forgot about the silly Bixby Button 🔳 🥸😊

Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
Doesn't take long to forget it
I used my S10 for 3 years and last update I tried to wipe the cache and had forgot about it already since I got the S22 when they first came out🤣
ImpurfectHer
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Came here to drop an update.

Wiping the cache didn't work. It actually worsened the problem.

I guess I'll move to the next step (factory reset) when I have backed up my phone completely.

Thanks for your help.
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, do you have low volume from speakers or does it happen with headphones?
If it is with headphones, please try with different headphones and check it.
If it is a speaker, please try the speaker test from Samsung Members app.
We suggest you to try the Hardware test from Samsung Members app.
 1. Open Samsung Members. STEP.
2. Tap on Diagnostics. STEP.
3. Tap on Test Hardware. STEP.
4. Choose the speaker to check and optimize the performance.

0 Likes