Original topic:

Washed out colors with android 11 - 3.1

(Topic created on: 02-03-2021 05:14 PM)
j0n
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
I recently bought an S21 Ultra which has the updated software on it. I'm sure it's not the screen, but compared to my S10 Plus, it looks washed out in natural mode. The problem is, vivid burns my eyeballs and makes everything exaggerated. There's no happy medium. Dull, flat &, lifeless or Super red, burning your retinas & over saturated.
Looking at the exact same thing with the exact same settings, right now, as we speak, it's not even close. The S10 with the old software kills this new phone. I won't even get into how awful some of the new features are and how 'Apple' it's trying to look.

I think there should be a vivid slider to adjust how much saturation you want, otherwise, I may have to return my phone and just stick with the old one.
0 Likes
6 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Settings/Display/Adaptative Brightness ...

Your post surprised me, Samsung's screen on Ultra  are supposed to be the best

0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Bonjour Cassidy,

J'ai installé la nouvelle version sur mon S10 cette semaine, et tout comme toi je ne vois aucune différence dans l'affichage. Personnellement, qu'il y a des gens qui ne cherchent que des bibittes et ne sont jamais contents.

0 Likes
j0n
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Adaptive brightness just adjusts the brightness accordingly. I don't think it's the screen, I think it's something that's been changed in the software. hopefully they fix it. honestly, I'm still shocked at how good my s10+ looks. It really does look better than this.

When the update hits the S10 line-up, I'm gonna update and see if it changes the color.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
S10 update is actually rolling out for Android 11 and One UI 3.0
I noticed no change on my Note10plus screen
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I have One UI 3 on my S10 and I don't notice any differences in my colours.
0 Likes
4rbitrary
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Also an S21 ultra, but the vivid mode on mine is also washed out... Esp compared to the saturation of my S8. 

0 Likes