Original topic:

Weak cellular signal on S22 Ultra?

(Topic created on: 09-15-2022 02:41 PM)
jgg
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I've just changed company because my LTE signal constantly varies from 1 bar to 5 bars. But the problem is still there. 

I don't know when it started exactly, but it is quite new. I've tried all the recommended tips :
– network settings reset
– airplane mode
– hard reset
– new SIM card (and new company).

Interestingly, my neighbor also has a S22 Ultra, and he has the same issue. And we live in a city!

Has anyone noticed a similar issue (since the last update, for instance)?

Constantly from 1 bar to 5 bars

0 Likes
11 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry to hear this. We appreciate your efforts in solving the issue as You performed a hard reset even if you are still facing the issue.
We recommend you to please visit the Samsung authorized service center and get it examined by the service technician to get it fixed.
Please open the link below to know the nearest Samsung authorized service center. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/
- SES store (Yorkdale; Eaton Center)
- Service center (Heartland Town Center and Montreal Service Center ).

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Thank you for your answer! I'll definitely do that :)) 👍
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Is your neighbour with the same Carrier?

Do you see similar signal strength issues at different locations?

It's possible that it's a Carrier Tower issue.

You can also ask your Carrier to Reset your Network Connections on their end. Sometimes it can help.

There's an app on the Play Store called Open Signal, you may want to check it out.

Screenshot_20220915_200241.jpg

Screenshot_20220915_200157.jpg

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I realize I haven't answered your 2 first questions. My neighbor used to have the same carrier (a ″cheap″ one), so I assumed that it was a problem from this carrier. We both had weak signal regularly .
However, I changes today for a different company with a different network, and there has been no improvement.

What you say about the carrier tower makes sense, as I got a stronger and steadier signal in other parts of the same city.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Try the Open Signal app. It'll give you some information about the Carrier's Towers in your location, along with signal strength, latency etc.

It can be a useful tool.

Screenshot_20220915_225216.jpg

Screenshot_20220915_225207.jpg

jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Wow, I should be very ok, with the stats I see in the app!Screenshot_20220915-225745_Opensignal_1000000360_1663297065.jpg
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
.SmartSelect_20220915-225923_Opensignal_1000000361_1663297163.jpg
0 Likes
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I thank you for telling me about this tool. All send those stats to my neighbor so he doesn't change company unnecessarily 😅
(Oh.. 2 bars a again right now🤷🏼)
jgg
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
There are several very interesting suggestions in your message, thank you so much for your help 👍 👍 👍