Original topic:

What to buy??

(Topic created on: 09-26-2022 05:17 PM)
DEnns88
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

So my contract on my s21 ultra comes up in January. By then we will have had the new iphone, new Google phone, and the s23 will probably be coming up right when my contract expires.

I have a feeling that if I wait until the s23 it's probably going to be a large monthly payment, and I cannot afford the large upfront cost..... And since my s21 was on the bring it back program if I decide to keep it at the end I'm going to have to pay over $300 still.

Right now I could get a pretty good deal on the s22 ultra, and telus would give me enough money to cover the cost of what I still owe on my current phone plus about an extra $100. Sooo...... Do I go for the s22 ultra, bite the bullet and go for the s23 when it comes out? Or do I go with either the pixel or the iPhone 14 pro?

There's so many options nowadays and it honestly gets a little overwhelming. It's been a long time since I've owned iphone, last one is probably the iPhone 6. Lots of my family uses the iPhone so it'd be handy for messaging maybe in group chats, but outside that everything about the Samsung ultra I love! Everyone always comments how amazing the photos are on it, and I do love using the s pen for signing invoices and such from contractors at work.

Thoughts??

0 Likes
10 Comments
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I have both the ultra and rhe z flip 4. I switch depending on my mood and/or where am going. I love both phones. If you take a lot of pics, ultra. If you like big, Ultra. It's a super nice phone and the pen is a bonus! I don't think waiting for the 23 will get you any incremental upgrade. S22 ultra is probably the neatest android out there. Good luck!
DEnns88
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thanks! I appreciate the input!! I think the main thing I was wondering about with the 23 coming out is this supposed 200 megapixel camera. I mean the current one, even the s21, has way more megapixels than any other camera phone.... Is 200 megapixels even necessary for a phone camera? LOL
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

If you wait for the s23 with the 200mp camera expect a higher price. Personnally I would go for the S22 Ultra during Xmas time, you may get a better deal. Otherwise, is your S21 still working well, if so, why change?

iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Haha they will.keep doing this until you have an astronomy telescope in your hand. You have to ask yourself, where does one stop! It's a fine line sometimes between cool and gimmick.
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Thank you iFLYSoLo for your suggestions.

Hi DEnns8, if your'e planning to purchase Galaxy S22 Ultra it is definitely a good choice.

Galaxy S22 Ultra is the first Galaxy s series with built in S-pen.

The main display size for Galaxy G-fold 3 is 7.6" and for Galaxy S22 Ultra is 6.8".

The Battery capacity for Galaxy Z-fold 3 is 4400 mAh and for Galaxy S 22 Ultra is 5000 mAh.

Please visit the given link below to know more about S22 Ultra. https://www.samsung.com/ca/smartphones/galaxy-s22-ultra/specs/

0 Likes
DEnns88
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
In your opinion is it going to be worth waiting for the s23 ultra or should I get the 22 ultra on a good deal?
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

it all depends on your needs, do you really need a 200mp camera? Currently, an s22 Ultra 256g sells new for $1639 + taxes, how much will the S23 Ultra 256g be?

0 Likes
DEnns88
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
So my dilemma is this.....I love my s21 ultra but I will have to pay telus $340 in January through the bring it back discount I received initially. So do I do that and then just get a data plan? Or do I give it back to them and exchange for something else? The pixel 7 pro is new and I could get it for $17 a month for the 128gb model, I could get the iPhone 14pro 128gb model for $37 a month, or a refurbished s22 ultra for $12 a month.

The s23 ultra will likely be amazing but also $37 a month or so. I'm not really wanting to spend more on my phone plan.

If I didn't have to pay to keep my s21 ultra I'd stick with it. None of the new phones wow me really.....the s21 ultra does everything I'd need it to.

So what would you do in my position?
0 Likes
Montreal1
Active Level 8
Galaxy S

Hi Denns88,

I would keep the s21 ultra, you will have to pay anyway.

0 Likes